Old 05-12-2006, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Köi-Lö[_3_] Köi-Lö[_3_] is offline

Default Don't order fish

"Jolly Fisherman" wrote in message

The last time I was at the local Petsmart (20 mins away) I overheard
an employee complaining about how they used to carry such wonderful
stock but don't have the variety anymore. I'm convinced that in these
neighborhoods at least, the fish livestock don't really move and are
or are viewed as a loss leader for the dry goods. But that's just my
local assessment.

I'm clueless as to what kind of area you live in but get the impression
you're not near any cities or large towns. You may have to plan a trip or
two to another city some distance away. A bigger city where there would be
more turnover of their stock. And CALL the store to make sure the shipment
came in before you dive or take a bus or train there.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.