Old 09-12-2006, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Thornes, spines and Stinging Nettles!

On 12/8/06 6:39 PM, in article
, "Carl 1 Lucky Texan"
wrote:

chatnoir wrote:

Living near a particularly revolting bar, I am subjected to repeated
trespass or my property and destruction ot same! In the front I
planted stinging Nettle! A major success although of questionable
legal standing! Are there any plants with spines or thorns that will
do the same job with less legal impact?

Might depend on where you live (zone/water,etc.) and your local
'setback' and utility eaements etc. But , in many communities, a close
neighbor would actually havr to register a complaint for most plants I
think.

check out pyracantha.

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/1707/index.html

Carl

I'd add rugosa roses, hollies and other spiny ornamentals.

Cheryl