Old 23-03-2003, 09:56 PM
john fraser

Default Bumpy lawn+lots of moss!!

The real problem with your lawn is drainage.

The poor drainage extends to the fields around as well. From late Oct
onwards I stay off the lawn it squeches so much.

lawn have you tried slotting and tining.

I've never heard of this. I've considered the usual thing of sticking a
fork into the turf and wiggling it about but the scale of the work that
way wouldn't leave time for life.
You can hire the machine to
do it, it's effective and it will definately improve your lawn's
appearance. Cost? Roughly?

s Thanks again. Usually one finds reasonable advice on the URG and I
confess I'm tempted by Nick Maclaren's solution.
--
john fraser