Old 14-12-2006, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
jd jd is offline

Default pond fertilizer sticks in aquarium?

hey folks, up here in the cow hampshire, its pretty difficult to find decent
fertilizers for planted tanks. The LFS has started carrying a variety of
pond fertilizers - mostly plant spikes. has anyone tried these in tanks?

other than the volume difference, is ther any reason I shouldn't? I can
break the sticks up fairly acurately using a modified pill splitter, but
before I try dropping small bits into the tank (125 gal), i figured I'd poll
for opinions...

thanks
-JD