Old 21-12-2006, 12:12 PM posted to alt.permaculture
King Amdo King Amdo is offline

Default Permaculture in Iceland

Looks like a nightmare m8 - a cold and frozen hell right now yes? Get
out into da country mon. Peace. Near some hot springs were you are
there I would say. Grow some cannabis....

http://www.seedboutique.com/

OM

Chookie wrote:
In article om,
"hr.oskar" wrote:

I'm a new member here and my name is Óskar Gudlaugsson. I'm a young
Icelander new to permaculture but quite enthusiastic to get some things
going up here in the sub-Arctic.

Hello! I am a very long way from you and also interested in pc. I have just
looked at some jpegs of rowan trees as they do not grow in Sydney. Do they
grow very tall?

It sounds like you did a lot of work in your garden. How does it look now?

We are well into summer here, of course, though fortunately the temperatures
have mainly been moderate (by our standards... it only got up to 25 C here
today and we may get some rain this evening). I am very excited because I
have found some green tomatoes on my tomato plants, and my sweet corn is
growing well. I am afraid one of my two hens might be hiding her eggs, though.

I live on a largish suburban block (822 sq m) near the Olympic stadium in
Sydney. One of my garden beds is full of native plants, mainly those that
would have grown in the area before colonisation. I am trying to have a
permaculture vegetable patch. My biggest problem is rampant kikuyu grass and
drought.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue