Old 23-12-2006, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default plants in water bowl

"K" wrote
Farm1 writes
"mertin" wrote
This question is from my wife...
She saw on a cable tv program some plants that were growing in a

living room in a nice water bowl, apparently these plants were very
colorfull and could live for long periods .. this is as much as I know.
I guess will be some pond plant that can be grown indoors... any

idea?

The only very colourful plant that I can think of is Coleus. They
will grow for years in water but should really be in a pot in potting
mix.

I get the impression that the Op means the leaves were under water too!
There are some water plants which have deep red leaves
Kay

Water hyacinth?
http://www.nbapms.org/

Jenny