Old 24-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Unique Too

Default Waiting for that first bloom!

Huskies4all writes:

This year I'm waiting with bated breath...I FINALLY got my Great
Grandmother's 100+ year old rose bush to grow from a digging. (tried for
5 years to get a cutting to take with no luck) It has leafed out
wonderfully, and I can't wait until I get a bloom.

I agree with Cass and Allegra, what a beautiful rose! I'd suggest you take
Allegra on her offer to help identify this one. Since you say it is hard to
root, it's possibly very rare and a plant that vigorous and willing to live
without any care is too valuable to be lost.
Good job saving that old rose!