Old 24-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Bumpy lawn+lots of moss!!

"john fraser" wrote in message
In article , Bazza
writes
I'm not after a bowling green but

I'm not really hijacking your query Barry but I also have a serious prob
with moss. On checking prices of lawn sand and other proprietary moss
killers I realised it'll cost me an arm and a leg as I have roughly 50mx
70m of grass to treat. I seem to remember from the ice age in Mr
Hessayons book " how to be a lawn expert" that sulphate of iron was
effective. True?? Does anyone know what dosage of it I should use in a
lawn spreader? Should I mix in some nitrogen fertiliser to give the
grass a boost? Could I mix in some coarse sand to create my own lawn
sand? TIA

I wouldn't worry about the moss, the great advantage of moss is
that it doesn't require cutting, you can have a green patch all year
round with no work!

Alan