Old 06-01-2007, 09:51 PM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen gardenlen is offline

Default Air conditioners

g'day jonno,

yes i agree with you, but if people see them as air-con's then
matching their vision won't detract from their inefficiencies as
alla/c units are that and if not wastefull of power then of water as
well, and the future of both issues goes hand in glove.

my bet is the authorities know where all the water is being wasted but
they are only targetting the lowest common denominator and that is us
the masses, because most of us the masses don't have any real idea of
the total picture, remember there is app' 4million families in oz' and
here we represent about mmm!!! 20 families??? give or take.

that is why evap' coolers are now hidden in roof cavities as i would
see it "out of sight out of mind" and as has been shown in this thread
lots of us had no idea about how these things worked did we? well me
for one for sure.

i keep getting your e/mails with munged upaddy, you have no fear from
me stalking or spamming, just to tell you my progression from a munged
addy to my up front addy. when i miunged my addy even on my web page i
still got spammed, and as i found later i lost lots of contact with
others realative novices who don't recognise a munged addy.

and one can just imagine with an evap' unit running 24/7 say even for
1 month of the year, and you and me and us are paying the price for
that.

so i got myself a wardrobe of anti-spyware programs and unmunged my
addy, currently i get less junk now than i ever got in the past,
people can contact me easily. not long ago i opend a g-mail account it
was only known to me and one other person i was associated with on a
friendly basis, the spam that came into that inbox was astranomical,
we chatted seldom but multiple times daily i had to clear the junk,
the account ahs now been closed. the worst thing is not the up front
in your face spam it is the person who dumps a spy cookie on your site
to monitor you and being munged didn't stop that.

i at that time had software and searched this person out who then
informed me that he could legaly do this, well i told him i don't care
about legal and to leave me alone or i would take whatever action i
needed to get rid of his interference, he desisted.

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--