Old 07-01-2007, 12:22 AM posted to aus.gardens
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Air conditioners

"0tterbot" wrote in message

some of us do, some of us don't, and some of us have forgotten how.

really
old people who remember very hard times never seem(?) to be the

first to do
what people used to do to fix basic problems in a simple but

sustainable
way.

One of the old ways of providing comfort to small babies in really hot
central Australian conditions was to turn the kitchen table upside
down, and to put it in a breeze way with the child in a bassinet on
the underside of the tabletop and to then drape a wet sheet over the
legs. We used a similar technique when we had a young sproglet and
had to travel by car in summer - wet towel draped on child and selves
and put the fan on in the car.