Old 07-01-2007, 01:47 AM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen gardenlen is offline

Default Air conditioners

g'day stuart,

yes it is a very important distinction when comparing the 2 types of
applications, but whether someone refers to a unit as an air
conditioner be it an evaporative unit probably doesn't change the
context of the current water/power chatting.

even though as has been seen restricting householders use of water
simply isn't putting water back into the dams, and any sensible person
can see it is not stopping water dissapearing from dams eg.,. taken by
industry/agriculture, governemnt dept's, evaporation (shallow dams)
and soakage (dams built over arrible land), and here where i am the
major dams where never built for water storage but in fact where built
for flood mitigation, so they are little more than flood plain weirs.

and that is bad planning by our expensive monkeys.

but still "they" burden the householder.

but still on the householder level there is still waste and some of
that is these evaporative coolers ( the fridge type a/c units still
use power which is the other factor)

so on that level and as continued increasing restrictions aren't
working bring in user pay, that is you apy for each litre you draw
from the system as you draw it, then that will be fairer to thos of us
who are conserving, as the wasters will pay increased bills and the
conservers will be rewarded with a lessor bill.

will it save water in the big picture maybe dunno? when you take into
account that before all these restrictions the message i heard was
that we householders use only app' 20% of produced water. and of that
produced water something less than 2% gets used for drinking.

so on those figures if we householders all stopped using water
tomorrow the dams would still empty, wouldn't they and most likley at
very near the same rate they currently are?

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 11:11:49 +1100, Stuart Naylor
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len