Old 08-01-2007, 03:21 AM posted to aus.gardens
Claude[_1_] Claude[_1_] is offline

Default Air conditioners

"Stuart Naylor" wrote in message

Air conditioners are more costly to use but don't use any of our water
supply.

Refrigerated air conditioners, however, use much more electricity than
evaporative coolers and therefore generate substantially more greenhouse
gases. Some sources claim its 20 times as much! Inevitably, both systems
have a deleterious impact on the environment and neither are desirable.
Nevertheless, I've installed an evaporative system in my house because I
think its the lesser of two evils (IMHO the enormous amount of coal burned
by refrigerated systems is a bigger problem than the quantity of water used
by evaporative systems).