Old 24-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Rich Conley

Default Low Light Success...with Mod. Light plants

Okay, set up the 55...has 2 old metaframe stowaway hoods....made for 20H
tanks. Each has 2 14w screw in fluorescents..... so 56 W total. This is
1 wpg on a 21" deep tank, and

Amazon sword is putting out a 2 foot long 4 inch wide leaf EVERY 2 DAYS.

Dwarf sags are throwing runners.....Crypts are growing...each only lost
1 leaf to initial transplant shock/rot.....what is going on here.....

also...my yellow labs are eating all the algae off the leaves on the
sword.....

Any ideas why this is working? I was gonna put 2 ODNO 48" tubes on a DIY
hood...but everything seems to be growing well with 1 wpg...whats going
on..? I also have some stems(elodea, and ludwigia) that are growing
well....

Am i dreaming?

Rich