Old 24-03-2003, 06:20 PM
bnd777

Default Vine weevil preferences

I suggest you water it with a solution of Armillotox every 10 days for a
while though
"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Have just discovered something I find interesting.
I have a pot in which I originally planted a white Agapanthus and a
white Schizostylus. It now also has a wild sort of canna, (grown from
seed gleaned from the roadside in Madeira) and a self-seeded foxglove.
Today while tidying it up (removing dead leaves and stalks) I found
the schizostlis shoots coming away from the soil, rootless.
VW no doubt. (Vine weevil not Volkswagen!)
I tipped the lot out thinking I would separate and repot the different
plants. However, apart from the schizostylis, there is a huge ball of
roots, too much to separate the agapanthus from the wild canna. The
foxglove I got out with a mass of roots.
To me this indicates that the VW only like the schizostylis.
I only found one maggot.
I repotted the big rootball, using a fair bit of Gamma HCH dust.
Cheers
Pam
pamdotmoore@virgindotnet
Bristol