Old 08-01-2007, 10:09 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline

Default Using old carpet as a weed mat

"Claude" wrote in message
I have some old carpet with felt underlay that I'm going to use as a weed
mat rather than newspaper. It looks like an old berber and as best as I
can tell is wool not synthetic. There was plenty of dust underneath it
when I pulled it up so I expect it would let water through OK. Does
anybody have any cautions or can see any reason why I shouldn't use it on
the garden?

Like all things foreign to the garden STINK but will be great as a weed mat.
Been there done that but the pong of wet carpet is not a memory I want to
recall.

Jim