Old 08-01-2007, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Horse Manure

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
It's more important to rot down cow and chicken manure, AIUI but I

think the
point of leaving horse manure in a heap is to allow weed seeds to

be washed
out by the rain or to be taken out by the proud owner of the

manure heap. I
think the horse's alimentary canal does a good job of preparing

the manure
for use by the gardener.

I am not proud of my muck heap I wish some one would take it away.

In
the old days we were allowed to burn them but not any more, pity

that,
it smells rather nice :-)

Can you put a notice up anywhere so that you can get a keen gardener/s
to take it? I do a swap with aneighbour, I keep her in eggs and she
keeps me in horse poo and we both think we are getting the best part
of the bargain.