Old 10-01-2007, 05:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
mea305 mea305 is offline

Default Flowers: side by side

I recently wrote a note to this group -- concerning two flower plants
that are situated side by side; the plants are Hubiscus plants/flowers.

One of the produces flowers, whereas the other one does not. I was
always under the impression that these plants are male and female and
they need not have the aid of a bee for pollination. (sp?).

Also, I live in Florida, about in the middle of the state, north of
Orlando. What is the best time to prune these plants? I have been told

all sorts of things.

Thanks,

Mark