Old 10-01-2007, 12:20 PM posted to bionet.plants
Juan Alvaro GOMEZ-BARRERA Juan Alvaro GOMEZ-BARRERA is offline

Default does protein interaction affect Gus activity?

Dear all,

I am working with Arabidopsis and GUS fusions as reporter system. I have
observed that some of my constructs show very low, if any, GUS activity,
but just when they are expressed in wild type leaves!! and not in some
mutants, this has made me think that another protein is interacting with
my protein, which affects GUS activity. I have not been able to find a
publication saying something similar. Is any one aware of a publication
which could help me? or is not possible that the interaction of another
protein affects the fused GUS protein activity?
Thanks in advance.

Juan A GB