Old 10-01-2007, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cliff_the_gardener cliff_the_gardener is offline

Default Grafting an old apple tree

Chris Potts
Grafting can be done with fine twiggy material, if often takes readily,
just takes a little care to get them ro thicken up; it is best done
with last years wood; budding can be done with older wood but that is
not an option given your imenant move.
The Northern Fruit Group runs a free grafting courss for members at RHS
Garden Harlow Carr and in conjunction with the WI, at the Millenium
orchard in Beverley. That is if you want to do it yourself. The fruit
group have access to rootstocks.

If you want details let me know.

Alternatively if you want it done for you mail me off list and we can
sort something out

Regards
Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire
(South Yorkshire rep for the Northern Fruit Group)