Old 16-01-2007, 09:02 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
JoeBartoszek JoeBartoszek is offline

Default co2 bubble count

Thanks for your help.
default wrote:
The very best way is to measure the pH and KH values. You can derive
the CO2 concentration by watching pH change as you add CO2. Go to
chuck gadds website and read up, great chart there. Off the top of my
head, I'd day one bubble a second would give you about 25ppm CO2 if it
was completely diffused. I have a 55g tank and I go for 3 bps and get
about 30ppm.

steve

JoeBartoszek wrote:
What would be the best way to determine how much co2 i should be
putting in my tank(20 G) ?
I have a 28 Watt, 7200 K. light, and 7 plants. Does one bubble every 5
sec. sound good? i have been using a homemade set up( 2 litre bottle
etc.) but i am thinking of "going pro." and doing it right.
thanks,
lost in taiwan