Old 20-01-2007, 04:59 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default So, what are you planting?

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:39:17 -0500 in Anne Lurie wrote:
This newsgroup seems oddly silent!

So, I thought I might ask what fellow Triangle gardeners are doing!

On the days where it's warmer and going to stay that way a few
more days, I'm moving monkey grass from a bed now shaded by a picket
fence to an area where the dog likes to piddle.

Once the wife and I get the upstairs unpacked and put away,
I'll put some time into doing some raised beds for veggies
in the spring. I need to find a source for plastic lumber so I can
figure the price of doing the beds with cinder blocks or with
plastic lumber.

I also need to find a tree removal service that can
handle removing a few monster pine trees that are entirely
too close to the house and the well.

After that need to move the driveway a bit so I have room to put
in a foundation for a greenhouse.

As for planting, planning an asparagus bed now that the wife
has experienced asparagus not from a can.
We want to negotiate with our neighbor to see if she'll let us
grow some pumpkins on her property.
Other veggies, probably beans and cukes and if we finish in time
some salad greens.

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up