Old 23-01-2007, 03:01 PM posted to triangle.gardens
rhodesian rhodesian is offline

Default So, what are you planting?

Thanks for the fig tree advice! I really needed it. I'm a pretty
hands-off gardener. I make sure the soil is good and plants get plenty
of water and then let nature take its course. I'll see how my fig tree
grows back this spring and make pruning decisions later.

On 2007-01-20, rhodesian wrote:
I am so glad you started this thread! I have some comments and a
couple of questions.

Right now, I'm watching all my bulbs begin to bloom early. I'm assuming
everyone else is having the same problem. I planted a lot of narcissus
and daffodils, among others. Do you think they'll bloom again in the
spring?? Meanwhile, I still have a bag of tulips I haven't planted.
I'll probably do that soon.

Also, I planted a fig tree last spring and it sprouted up really fast.
It grew about 5 pretty hard figs that never matured correctly. Then, in
the fall, it dropped all its leaves. It's just one tall sprig. No
offshoot limbs to speak of. I would guess it's about 5 1/2 feet tall.
Any tips? I'm scared to prune it back.

Thanks!

Let it grow. you can prune next year.

Anne Lurie wrote:
This newsgroup seems oddly silent!

So, I thought I might ask what fellow Triangle gardeners are doing!

Anne

is a garbage address.