Old 24-01-2007, 10:48 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_6_] Jonno[_6_] is offline

Default FYI- water crisis stroy link:

gardenlen wrote:
fair dinkum jonno?

Heres the article. Linda B was the owner. But if this is correct then
they use a heap of water if left on all day...

LindaB wrote:

Hi Len,

Just to confirm, and keeping away from words like "waste" for the
minute (as it could be argued the moment it is drawn from the mains it
is wasted, so things gets confused)

We have now adjusted, turned all sorts of things down etc etc etc.
Including reading water meters with no other water use etc etc. The
minimum this one at the lower size in the range will work at is:

Drawing 50 litres of water per hour from the mains

Sending 20 litres per hour of that water into the stormwater (until we
put the hose on it)

Yes - that sure would do horrible things to your 300 litres a day.

But my important message is - people need to have this sort of
information so they can make decisions. It does not seem to be
anywhere in teh discussions on water saving.

Linda

that is horrendous use of sorry waste of water, 20 litres an hour was
bad enough, all this because people won't grasp the fact that our
homes are not designed to suit our climate nor are they designed to
keep people comfortable with nil or very minimal comfort control.

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:34:07 +1100, Jonno
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len