Old 25-01-2007, 12:45 AM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] brucef@eudoramail.com is offline

Default FYI- water crisis stroy link:

On Jan 24, 6:52 pm, gardenlen wrote:
dual flushes surprisingly don't save that much water, the best saving
would be if people stopped flushing urine at all, only flush solids.

Well, surely they save a lot compared to not having a dual flush.
Let's see, I do a number two about once per day. Probably do
number ones about 5 or 6 times a day (too much coffee), and
I use half flush for those. I think dual flushes are normally 3/6
L, right? So that is a saving of at least 15L per day per person,
maybe 75L for my family.

Ya, I could double that saving if I didn't flush urine, but then
my toilet would stink.