Old 28-01-2007, 02:39 PM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default FYI- water crisis stroy link:

Wily Wilde wrote:
We should be giving subsidies to farmers to do massive levels of water
saving irrigation techiques.

In Israel, the Israeli farmers are doing ok despite farming in an arid land
because they use new modern well designed irrigation systems.

Explain how you grow a field of wheat with it?

We should also build am irrigation pipeline from the areas which recieve
plenty of water - in NT etc.. - to the parts of Australia which are drier.

That will totally fsck the land.
far easier to send the crop to where the water is, but the Ordriver
scheme is already being impacted by salination. Not surprising with the
amount of water they are adding to the soil.