Old 28-01-2007, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Thoughts on a mornings gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote
Our next door neighbours cut their lawns yesterday and this morning
they looks dreadful - the lawns not the neighbours - all wobbly lines
and lumps of grass that were too wet for the mower to pick up.
I have long wide borders and I usually crash about in the undergrowth
getting cross, this year my practical daughter suggested that I set
myself a strip of border to do every day, no more no less, just move
up the garden in an orderly fashion, how do dim mothers give birth to
Mary Poppins like daughters :-)

:-)

Yes, it's a good idea. It's also a good way of motivating yourself, for
the times when it seems like there's such a lot to do that it's too
overwhelming to begin.

Another way I trick myself into getting started is to tell myself I only
have to do half and hour, then I can stop. By the time I've got into the
swing I'm enjoying myself and then stay out and do much more.

--
Sue