Old 29-01-2007, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mel Mel is offline

Default Would anyone care to remind us idiots, when to plant seeds?

"Alan Holmes" wrote :
I never know when to start planting things and I'm sure there must be
others who would also welcome a reminder of what to sow, and when.

I've seen a few seed sowing/planting walls charts for sale on t'internet,
but I'm too cheap to buy them. I've recently bought a couple of inexpensive
CD boxes (one for veggies and one for flowers), made some cardboard inserts
with the month written on, and put my seed packets in the relevant monthly
section. The majority of the packets are in the March section!

http://www.ecodesignscape.co.uk/down...flyer%20v2.pdf

I'm planning on making my own wall chart showing sowing dates, spacing and
whatnot, laminating it and hanging it on my shed wall. I need to make a
start on it soon, though, because it's quickly coming up to sowing time.