Old 30-01-2007, 04:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
WaltA WaltA is offline

Default Thoughts on a mornings gardening

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:24:09 -0000, Kate Morgan wrote:
getting cross, this year my practical daughter suggested that I set
myself a strip of border to do every day, no more no less, just move up
the garden in an orderly fashion,

Yes !
or
Raised beds !!
For 20y I did as the books said, dug in copious quantities of compost
heaps and leaf stuff, all to no avail on my heavy clay, it just
gobbled it up , with nothing to show in the following year(s).
Then I made raised no-dig beds.
Bliss !
Instant enjoyment (well almost ! after I got over the surprise !!)

Why am I relating this ? Because of the spin-off :-
Just do half of that bed and have a cuppa, then
do the other half bed next,
and leave the other beds till the following days.
Consequently, the 'patch' is divided up into bits one can admire with
a cuppa
Much less intimidating and before you know it the whole lot is done
well ahead of time !