Old 25-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Susan Solomon

Default Burgundy Iceberg

Ah, Kirra. You tempt me.
Here's my "wish list" from Treloar...

Home and Garden (I love this little pink! Wonder if it's a good bloomer,
too. I have several Austin roses, and love the form...)
La Luna (looks almost like a more refined New Day..so big and pretty)
Marianna (looks like a blushing Brandy - one of my favorite HTs)
Michael Crawford (Victor Borge) VB is listed at Arena Roses, so there's
hope...
Mother's Love *so delicate -
New Ballet *love this pink. Wonder if it's got salmon tones in the garden?
Old Fragrance *Love this - could this be Perfume Delight under a different
name?
Best Friend *gorgeous lavender. I love this one.
Savoy Hotel *this pink reminds me somewhat of Cherish
Spicy *oooh the orange color!
Happy Anniversary *great orange - so deep!
Burgundy Iceberg *wow

What can I say? The photos are so beautiful - how could we not want them!
I did use the "HelpMeFind listserver that someone suggested, and a couple
are available in the States, so that was some progress. But most are not!
What a shock to see such beautiful roses not available in the States! (I
must sound like a neophyte at this, and I am!)

Well, enjoy your bounty! Happy Growing!
Sue in SoCal

"Kirra" wrote in message

"Susan Solomon" wrote in message
. ..
Oh My Goodness!!
Following Kirra's link, I went to the Treloar rose site in Aussie-land,

and
was totally blown away by the Incredibly eye-poppingly BEAUTIFUL roses
available there! I had made up a "must-have" list with about 12 roses

before
I realized that Treloar doesn't ship to America. And I just "finished"
planting my little rose garden here in SoCal two weeks ago!

Heartbreak. And since several of the roses I loved at Treloar were

released
a number of years ago, but still don't appear in any of our catalogs in

the
USA, I guess they won't be appearing on our shores any time soon, eh?

Someone else on the list mentioned going through Canada for Aussie

roses,
but the Pickerings catalog I checked didn't list the ones I had wanted.
Phoey. Well, we can always hope for next year.

I LOVE that burgundy Iceberg! But I MUST get "Home and Garden"!

Sue in SoCal

Hey, why don't you share the "must-have" list (if you still have it)? I'm
sure some of us who can order from Treloar would love to be empowered to

buy
more roses.

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia