Old 30-01-2007, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Would anyone care to remind us idiots, when to plant seeds?

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 29, 12:55?pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Nick Maclaren" wrote after

"Alan Holmes" writes:

| I never know when to start planting things and I'm sure there must
be
others
| who would also welcome a reminder of what to sow, and when.

[...]

Books and seed packets are usually good guides -- often better than
other gardeners, whose conditions may vary widely.

But this would require me to remember to get the packets out and read
them, my state of memory makes that almost impossible, whereas I read this
newsgroup every day!

I get all the seed packets and put them in order of the suggested sowing
time, earliest at the front etc. Then when you feel that conditions are all
right for the first lot, sow the first few, and as the season progresses,
sow the rest as you get the time etc, and hopefully you won't be far out.

It works for me:-)

Steve