Old 04-02-2007, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Grow your own veg!

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

There is a programme currently on TV about growing your own veg and it is
claimed that a plot 3 metres (10 feet) square can provide you with veg all
years round.

Is that really possible?

Alan

Do you really think that programme is any good Alan, I found it silly and
frivolous. some good moments but generally a lot of faffing about with the
camera, with music and pictures of happy families digging in their soil
etc.

I don't think it is any good either, but I just HAD to watch it, just in
case there was someting interesting, fool that I am!

Didn't show putting up bean supports or pea supports. Not at all what I
was expecting ...........

I was expecting more as well!

I cannot believe that Carol Klein didn't realise that sowing seeds under a
magnolia tree wouldn't incur some drawbacks! She seemed surprised that the
roots had stopped her crops from growing full size !

I couldn't undersatnd that bit either, I would not have planted anything
that close to any tree

One of those good ideas that have been hi jacked by the "meeja" types
again ... sigh

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph