Old 08-11-2006, 09:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.birds,alt.binaries.backyard.critters,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
tennis maynard tennis maynard is offline

Default Here's the main Anna's male in my yard

Padraig wrote:
He's a feisty little rascal. His gorget feathers haven't come in fully but
he runs most rivals off until today when he just got outnumbered.

I've orten wondered why himans are so cunfused on this issue - in the
animal kingdom, as we see here, it is invariably the male which is
colorful and flashy. WHy are we so determinedly different? I've never
been able to find a reason that actually held water.