Old 09-11-2006, 06:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.birds,alt.binaries.backyard.critters,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Padraig Padraig is offline

Default Here's the main Anna's male in my yard

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
Mom used to sit near the feeders with a garden hose and squirt the
aggressive ones that ran the others off. ;-)

I need to find one of the prints that she took of the hummingbirds
around the 3 feeders we had when we lived in California. They were 1
liter each and she had to fill them at least twice per day!

The greedy little buggers would hover in front of the kitchen and living
room windows when the feeders ran out...

They were such a joy! I've had trouble attracting them here.

I love them so and have really been enjoying your posts!

This little dude looks like he was about to attack your camera. G

Hahaha! They are lots of fun. Thanks for the kind comments.

During the past week or two there has been a series of pics on the internet
showing a gal feeding up to 5 hummers out of a red plastic cap. That's more
together in one spot than I've ever seen before. It sounds like your mom
had a lot more than that!

Pat