Old 25-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Cleveland Ponder

Default Cleaning pond - surprising discovery

On Saturday the ice had finally cleared so I started to clean the
leaves off of the netting on my pond. I filled a 6 cu ft wheel barrow
six times. I was please to see that the fish had survived, but not
only had they survived, but it seems they have been very active as
there was a school of about 100 fry all about an inch long.

On the down side, because of my open heart surgery in November, I
wasn't able to bring the plants inside that were in the pools in the
steam or get netting over the pools and stream. What a putrid mess!
The upper pool still had ice so I don't have it cleaned out yet.
Filled a thirty gallon garbage can from the lower pool. Oh-well, good
compost material.

It is supposed to get cold (30's)again this weekend so it is still to
soon to put the pump in and I have more cleaning to do before starting
it up. But, it sure is nice being out side again.