Old 09-12-2006, 12:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
AusDigi AusDigi is offline

Default My First Epiphyte - File 1 of 9 - Sarcochilus_australis_Morewell061203-2186.jpg (0/1)

This is my first wild epiphyte - there aren't many in southern Australia. I
went with the ANOS Terrestrial Study Group and this was one of the orchids
they were looking for (yes, terrestrial groups looking at epiphytes).

There were quite a lot of plants hanging around the trees not far from the
car park. Most of them grew between 1 and 2 metres from the ground so they
were easy to photograph.

The only other orchid we saw in flower was the Flying Duck.

--
More photos from this trip:
http://photos.rnr.id.au/2006/12/03/