Old 25-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Bareroot Stawberry plant storage

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:11:26 -0000, "rmw"
wrote:

you can grow strawberries in a 5" or 7" pot, I have some that have been out
side all winter in pots. I will bring them into the green house in a few
weeks to get early strawberries, all I will feed them with is manure water,
you do not need to take any side shoots off. if they form any runners put
them in another pot and peg down with a piece of stiff wire bent into a U
shape and it will produce another strawberrie plant. hope this helps you.

I take it you're in the UK (from your email address).

This winter, we had several nights with temperatures of -20F
(that's -29 C). We can expect these temperatures at least
once per winter.

I don't think we could grow strawberries in containers here,
do you?

I'd really love to be able to do it, I've not been able to
figure out a place to grow them otherwise.

Pat
--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/