Old 18-12-2006, 06:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
AusDigi AusDigi is offline

Default Summer Orchids : Gastrodia sesamoides

This, I believe, is a Cinnamon Bells (Gastrodia sesamoides). It looks very
similar to G. procera but I am calling it a G. sesamoides because of its
more sparse flowers and the top is a little bent over. I welcome
corrections.

Its interesting that in Belgrave South I photographed G. sesamoides two
months ago and here, about 5km away and perhaps 100-200m higher elevation
they are only flowering now.

--
http://rnr.id.au

Attached Thumbnails
Summer Orchids : Gastrodia sesamoides-gastrodia_sesamoides_sherbrooke061217-5357.jpg