Old 06-02-2007, 03:51 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dean Dean is offline

Default I need new lawn help.

On Feb 5, 6:45 pm, "nightrider.36" wrote:
Indoor - outdoor carpeting.

I mentioned it to her and it's too expensive. I have to grow grass...

Build Your boxes,,throw dirt in,tamp,throw more,,spread some grass
seed that does well in Your area and in the specific amount of
sunlight it will get..Add mild starter fertilizer recommended on the
bag of seed and water as stated on the bag.New lawns are often covered
with straw or possibly other material that water will penetrate,,I
think covering keeps birds from picking up all Yer seed and keeps
direct sunlight off new shoots. Weeding might be a pain for a while I
guess but filling the boxes with special soil might break the bank.
Other weed seeds will blow in anyway so Ya might as well get some
practice right from the get-go.
Regular watering is mandatory for new grass but ask around about how
much to use in a raised box unless Your sure excess will drain if
overdone..
After Your grass does well be prepared to learn about other stuff
like flowers and shrubs or even veggies,,people can be tricky and I
just ca'nt see raising two sections of grass,,if it was Me I'd be
thinking there's an alterior motive,,like eventually You might be
adding shrubs,flowers and backbreaking boulders for effect!!
Dean