Old 07-02-2007, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Totally OT, help requested

Mike Lyle writes

*I volunteered, for money, as a guinea pig at Birkbeck once. We were
subjected by a succession of graduate students to a battery of tests in
ascending order of weirdness, and it wasn't till afterwards that we
realised we'd been tested not on the activities themselves, but on our
reactions to being set impossible tasks! At least this one isn't like
that.

We subject some of our job applicants to an assessment centre, one of
the activities of which is an exercise in building a structure to help
us assess how well the applicants work in a team. Even when we tell them
the exercise is about team working, they are still convinced the
important thing is how good the structure is.
--
Kay