Old 25-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Kirra

Default Double Delight and Miniatures

"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message
I was called out of town very suddenly to deal with a family emergency.
Of course, this happens the morning I was planning on planting my new
bare root Double Delight since it had been soaking for about 36 hours.
Knowing I had no idea when I was going to be back, I had to ask the s.o.
to plant it for me. The s.o. who is not a gardener, the s.o. who kills
plants.... Much to my surprise, DD is exactly where I wanted her (I was
very specific about it but one never knows) and has broken dormancy big
time.

I have a DD and the fragrance is just overpowering. I love the change in
colour from white to red and will often pick the flowers to bring inside
when the outer layer petals have opened and changed to red. As the flower
opens inside, the middle stays a creamy, white colour surrounded by the
outer red petals. I hope you enjoy this rose.

All my roses are leafing out beautifully. Big difference a year of
constant attention and nurturing makes in their condition to when we
first bought the house. I've already started taking pictures as I am
determined to identify (and tag *grin*) the mystery roses this year.

Good luck identifying the mystery roses. How many are a mystery? I am
fortunate to be the one planting all the roses in my garden (started with
bare grass and one small overgrown garden bed) so except for a couple of
minis I bought without tags, I don't have any mystery roses.

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
Z10