Old 09-02-2007, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Totally OT, help requested

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:14:13 +0000, June Hughes wrote
(in article ):

In message , Alan Holmes
writes

[Re IQ test]

I've been barred, cos I don't have a higher education certificate!

No, Alan. Give it a try. It's fun.

Only thing is, it would be nice to know how we did

I agree. I gave my email address, but no results yet!

I don't know when the results will be revealed. But knowing my younger
children's tendency to leave things till the last minute. . .

Alan, if you want to
do it why don't you just select the nearest equivalent qualification.

No-one
will know!!

Quite so. I've consulted the quizmaster about Alan's case, and he says
it doesn't matter: "just put the nearest"; but confesses that an "Other"
box would have been sensible. I don't know from this whether we can
safely deduce that the experiment has nothing at all to do with people's
paper level of education, or that more than one thing is being
investigated, so that a few outliers* in each category are only to be
expected.
*Or, indeed, outright liars: I had to resist a temptation to go
fictitious so he couldn't identify me!

Do have a go if you still feel like it, Alan: it _is_ fun, and the
extra stats would be appreciated. Though a tenured professor at Another
University did claim she had to go and have a lie-down afterwards.

--
Mike.