Old 14-02-2007, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes Alan Holmes is offline

Default Re 'The Test'

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 13/2/07 23:53, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Mike Lyle" wrote ((snip))
Funny how some people
are naturally less at home with numbers: one of my daughters and one of
my nieces have the same gonerness, though way above average at language
and other things.

Quite, my wife won't attempt Sudoku, which I love, because it's numbers
but
I'm certain if I replaced the numbers with letters ie, a to i (it would
work
just as well) she would not be put off at all. I wonder what it is about
numbers that puts people off?

In my case, partly bad teaching and partly not natural aptitude. I cannot
fathom out what Sudoku is about, let alone do it! But I love doing - or
at
least, attempting - crosswords.

I can't stand Sudoku either, but I'm hooked on Codewords.

Alan