Old 18-02-2003, 09:15 PM
manish mukherjee

Default strange mushroom on my money tree

hi all,

(i'm a plant newbie, so pardon me if this is a silly question!)

i've got a beautiful money tree growing in a pot. i put three small
gargoyle statues onto the dirt in the pot. all of a sudden two months
later, this large bright yellow mushroom sprouted up directly beneath
one of them, touching the base of the money tree. and beneath
another, there isn't quite a mushroom yet, but there is a lot of
similarly colored fungusy looking stuff.

do i need to worry about this, or are mushrooms on plants okay? i
kind of like the way it looks, so if it won't harm anything, i'd love
to keep it.

thanks!

mkm