Old 16-02-2007, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Blasted mice

Sacha wrote:
On 15/2/07 18:47, in article
, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:29:05 +0000, Broadback wrote:

Mice had been taking the bird seed and transferring into the compost.
Useless for potting now!

Er why? I thought that bird seed was treated to prevent germination these
days. After people started planting it looking out for certain plants...

Is it?! We get all kinds of strange brassica type things sprouting up but
possibly not the weird kind of things you're thinking of. Is this why we
have grumpy birds?

Thanks for your interest. First I have now, as suggested trapped and
killed the mice, however the seed remained in the compost. ;-) I'm
afraid that the seeds did germinate, the potting compost was full of
shoots a week later, it is now composting on my compost heap!