Old 26-03-2003, 01:08 PM
animaux

Default Going bats! Bathouse questions....

On 25 Mar 2003 12:45:41 -0800, (mypet) wrote:

Where in the world is mosquito eye soup a delicacy? It doesn't really
sound that tasty, but then I wouldn't think anything really would that
was dug out of ....well....you know.

So, if bats don't eat that many skeeters. What IS the best mosquito
anhililator? Let's see we've got purple martins, swifts, hummingirds,
dragonflies, bats...how does each one rate?

Purple martins barely eat any and prefer moths and larger insects.
Swifts, the same.
Hummingbirds eat mostly tiny spiders, some occasional insects.
Dragonflies don't eat mosquitoes, but their larva.
Bats eat mosquitoes most out of the listed species, but not as many as people
think. They also prefer to eat larger insects.

Bt-Israelensis in mosquito dunk form is the best management tool for mosquitoes
in the larval stage. Don't have standing water around. Things like that.