Old 19-02-2007, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Composting Contaminated Carrots

On 19/2/07 10:03, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip

What is more expensive? Having a perpetually wrecked crop so that you
have
to buy your veg in, or using nematodes (which also protect other crops)
once
or twice a year? I ask the question in a genuine spirit because I haven't
costed them on your basis. We use them here, along with other bio
controls
and they work. I'm not saying we don't get ANY slugs but I am saying we
get
fewer slugs over 6 acres of garden and nursery combined.
--

It is a question of sticking with these things and building up a "system"
over several years.

That's gardening for you. ;-)) However, you're right that you have to
'keep your nerve' when using any biological controls but they certainly do
work and they work very well.
http://www.greengardener.co.uk/slug.htm

--
Sacha