Old 20-02-2007, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Climbing French Beans in September (and not before)

On 20 Feb, 19:47, "Trevor"
wrote:
I normally sow my Climbing Fr Beans in early April and plant out in early
May and pick from July.
This year I don't want them ready until September. When should I sow them?
My guess is around late June? - out doors.
(I have sowed them mid-July and planted them in my polytunnel and picked
during Oct/Nov)

Hello Trevor! What type do you have this year? I brought back some
Divinel (from Vilmorin). I never plant out but straight sow from late
april to july. So you can sow them in July if you want and you'll
harvest till October.