Old 22-02-2007, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton Richard Sexton is offline

Default Advice on choice of shrimps and/or fish for a plant tank

In article ,
Reel McKoi wrote:

"Skip Hollowell" wrote in message

I have 6 in my 20 gallon tank, and the little buggers seem to, for the
most part, be content to just hang out on the driftwood all day. It must
have all the eats they need. I'd hate to drop $30 on 6 more just to find
*them* hanging out on the driftwood in one big shrimp ball.

What are you feeding them? Just curious.

You don't need to feed them. If you have plants they live off dead leaves,
microrganisms that live on the leaves, you name it.

They eat everything though. I fed mine live white worms and was surprised
to even see filter feeding shrimp eat them as well as ammanos and the
smaller colorfull ones.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net