Old 23-02-2007, 11:26 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default bulk cow manure in Sydney

In article
,
Terryc wrote:

My local "manure/compost" supplies are 20L bags of chicken, cow or
mushroom compost at a nearby chicken breeder.

I know the chicken breeder bags his own shed scrappings as the compost,
but I expect he buys in the cow and mushroom compost (probably bagged)
from another supplier.

Does anyone know of such a supplier in SW Sydney, or wider afield?

Go to a landscape supplier. Soil 'n' Stuff at Kogarah used to be good, but
you'll probably want someone closer to you. Landscape suppliers will deliver
stuff by the cubic metre.

The problem I have found is that it's all composted, not fresh. That's fine
unless you want to use it to start a compost pile. Mushroom compost is
usually still pretty hot, but the cow and chook manure can generally be slung
straight on the garden.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue