Old 25-02-2007, 04:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Mormodes tezontle x 2

Yes Gene I know, hence the LOL in my post. Thanks for watching my back,
though.

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
KB,

You don't have any pollen because the Mormodes throw it at the insect that
pollenates the flower. All you have to do is bump the plant and *BAM* you
have this sticky stuff with the pollen stuck to you. The glue is stronger
than superglue sometimes.

It's fun to show someone who doesn't know orchids. Have them go to touch
the flower and *BAM*.

Unfortunately, the flower soon dies after it does this.

I love the Mormodes and relatives.

Good Growing,
Gene

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Mormodes tezontle from Mexico, I think... Another returnee from the POE,
and all the anther caps are gone... I wonder if folks took my pollen?
LOL! Nah, more likely it was just beaten up in the display tear down.
Those of you who display yourplants should be aware of the fact that tear
down means exactly that. Toss 'em in a box and get the heck home!

K Barrett